Well today folks I received an email along with the rest of my colleagues that we will be officially moving BACK to the towers. Originally this is the place where I originally worked before being moved to our PRESENT location. I must say that I’m not too happy about the move. As well as my co-workers are not either. Yet we will prevail and just deal with it. Unfortunately the HUGE drawbacks to the move back to the towers are as followed.
- We will be on the 5th floor, so fire drills will be a pain in the ass. Especially since we don’t seem to be able to HEAR the alarm when it goes off in the first place.
- We will be on the 5th floor, so when it is time to leave for the day, we have to make sure that we are ready 10 minutes in advance, just to make sure we can get on an elevator without having to pass up at least 3 because they were already full.
- The cubicles at the Towers are at least 1/3 smaller if not a ½. This means I have a serious dilemma as far as placing my spice rack and pinning up my important papers. I also have to condense my stuff to be able to fit in 2 places instead of 4, NOT COOL.
- Parking can be a bitch if you don’t get there by 7:30 A.M.
- It can get hot as hell on the 5th floor so I need to make sure to bring my fan with me. Since the air conditioner from what I’ve heard is STILL having trouble.
Now the advantages to the Towers are as follows.
- They have a mini workout place on the 1st floor so if I want to workout there I have that option. Not that I didn’t still have the option once I left the first time, it’s just that the WALK to get there without my car would have been pointless.
- Great little deli/restaurant on the 1st floor where the main chef Fred can remember your favorite dish. Such a sweetheart;)
- On the 5th floor there is a lounge/cafeteria where I can once again enjoy my 15 min. breaks of slumber in their big comfy chairs.
- There are more computers there to check your email and anything else I want.
- One of my favorite news publications THE RIVERFRONT TIMES is available there.
- My cousin is still over there, so I’ll be able to see him more and kick it with him when I can.
- I am ASSUMING on this part, that there are not as many ghetto people at the towers as there are in my building. Your residential Compton, if you will. Yet you never know, so I’ll wait to pass judgment on that once I get back over there.
So I have to start SLOWLY repacking stuff and gather all of my computer files so I can take them with me to my new cpu AGAIN. Oh well back to the drawing board.