August 20, 2007

Man what I've been through!!!

It's been a while since I've last updated and the thoughts that are going through my mind are over-whelming. Since then, I have been to Chicago, actually went from the 14th to the 17th and I must say it was a BLAST!!!! It was related to my other job for a woman forum called WOLF (Women of Leadership Forum) and I went with about 25 other people and this was a nationwide meeting so over 2000 people at least in my personal opinion where there. The members were scattered in about 3 different hotels. Danielle and myself stayed at a hotel called the Swissotel. Very swanky I must say. As far as getting to Chicago, my mom dropped me off at the Lambert airport and I happen to be at the same gate E6 where my Florida flight was from. Weird huh? So Danielle and I meet up and we see some of our DEN members and we chill out until our flight leaves about 12:30pm. We get to Chicago and in our hotel rooms by 4pm and then we have to get ready for registration and dinner which is being held at another hotel by the name of the Fairmont. Another hotel that is suppose to be fancy as well. The design was beautiful but the food was horrible. Dinner that evening consisted of dry ass chicken breast which I swear I could have added water and watched it grow, Chia-Chicken.

Afterwards I go back to the hotel room with Danielle and she decides she wants to chill in the room. So since I saw an AMC theater while we were walking from another hotel, the HYATT, I decided to take in a movie and dinner. I changed clothes and took in the sites as I was walking from my hotel room at 8:30pm to the movie theater and saw a couple on a speed boat and they were slowly gliding beneath the bridge I was walking over. Not to mention I realized the bridge I was on was the kind that actually splitt apart when a bigger boat needs to pass but can't go underneath the bridge. Pretty darn cool.

Anyway's I get to the AMC theater after a 10 minute walk and go into a bowling area that is connected to the theater called LUCKY STRIKE. The place was cool it had glow in the dark bowlling, pool tables, sports bar area, couches to WATCH the sports bar area, and tables for regular dining. After I was done with my dinner I went to the AMC theater area and bought a ticket to go see RUSH HOUR 3. Overall I gave the movie a C, it was okay but they tried too hard to be funny. I made it back to my hotel by 11:45pm and went to bed.

Next day we had breakfast AGAIN at the Fairmont Hotel and I woke up so I could get my free Liz Claiborne gift. YiPPE!!! So I got my gift and my breakfast and then we went to this theater called the Harris Theater and had an assembly where we had presentation by different Best Buy head people including the president Brad Anderson and the woman who started the WOLF idea, Jill Gilbert (?). so after that they prepared Lunch for us at the Fairmount again, and AGAIN the food was trash so I decided to leave and go back to my hotel and get a burger and fry. Then I make my way back to the Fairmount. Afterwards i went back to the Fairmount hotel and went to 3 different workshops of my choosing out of the 20 that they were offering between all 3 hotels. All three of mine were at the Fairmount, so it was easy to get to each one. AFter the 3 workshops it was time for dinner and I figured since they sucked at dinner the night before and lunch that day, I better just go back to my room and order room service.

So I left and went back to my hotel room and ordered some Italian from a restuarant nearby. Danielle and another person, Shannon came to the hotel room and chilled out before they left to go partake in dinner else where themselves. My food finally got to the hotel and I enjoyed it. YET around 3am in the morning why did I start having shooting pains in my stomach. Boy you talking about a miserable bitch!!!! I swear the toilet and myself became the best of friends up until 6am. I was still feeling like crap by the next morning and passed up the last workshop for the next morning.

I was just starting to feel better when it was time for us to have our last assembly at the Harris Theater and was able to get myself together enough to go see that. Afterwards they had some box lunches for people to grab and go. My den members had lunch at a little park area and decided on our Den name as the KODA WOLVES. Afterwards we went back to our hotel rooms got our stuff together and checked out. We waited for our shuttle bus and made it to Midway Airport by 2:00pm flight was scheduled for take-off at 5pm. Our flight was delayed twice and then we finally made it back to St. Louis by 7pm.

My cousin from Chicago happen to be at the house and when my mom picked me up from the airport we made our way to Cheesecake Factory and enjoyed a great dinner. So again I made it back from my trip this past Thursday and had been in Chicago since Tuesday.

So now I'm at work where the kids are offically back and the chaos has damn near peaked for today. Oh and then I have class myself this evening at UMSL. Oh and did I mention that I did get my 100% refund from UMSL on my summer class? Things are looking pretty good dont you think?

Also while I was with my mom a couple of days ago, we thought we saw someone familiar but then again I could have been mistaken............ You know such UNHEALTHY memory and thangs;) LOLOL (just playing) Hope you all enjoy yourselves. Ta-Ta.
Copyright @ All That MsJazz. Blog Design by KotrynaBassDesign